What is Lake Carroll?
Lake Carroll is a private four-season, recreation-oriented, planned community that provides a secure environment for the members. This environment includes, but is not limited to: a 640 acre lake, an 18 hole golf course, rolling wooded hills with scenic views, a clubhouse, restaurant, lodge, ski hill, swimming pool complex, fish hatchery, campground, equestrian area, wildlife and trails.
LCA Mission Statement
The mission of the Lake Carroll Association (LCA), a private not-for-profit Illinois corporation, is to maintain and enhance the assets of the Lake Carroll 5,000+ acre complex, while striving to ensure that each lot owner has the opportunity to partake of the various amenities, according to his or her schedule while protecting the ecosystem.
LCA Vision Statement
Lake Carroll will be a private, highly desired community in which many will seek to purchase property and become members. The Lake Carroll Association (LCA) will fund and manage the amenities to ensure that the four-season, recreation-oriented community is maintained and enhanced, while the members are united in their efforts to support all of the amenities.
The LCA will be self-funded to ensure autonomy. The primary means of funding will be membership dues and revenues generated by the sale of products and services.
The LCA will provide a management team utilizing proven management skills in leadership, financial planning, project management, and communications, which will maintain, enhance, and protect the assets of Lake Carroll as well as the safety and security of its members and guests.
The LCA will provide rules and regulations, which govern our members and serve to enhance and protect our facilities while not impeding the enjoyment of the amenities.
The LCA, by its Covenants and Restrictions, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, as well as this Vision Statement will encourage the highest standards of ethics and behavior by its employees, members, and guests.
Lake Carroll is a 5,000 acre complex established in 1972
The Dam/Lake was constructed during 1973/74
There are approximately 2550 lots and 933 homes as of April 2010
A Private Four-Season Recreational Community
* 640 acre lake that is 65 deep w/average depth of 20
* 2 marinas with picnic pavilions (one includes gas and bait shop)
* 268 boat slips
* Beach area for swimming
* Pell Park for secluded picnics
* Fish Hatchery Providing outstanding stocking for our lake including walleye, northern pike and muskie. Other species include crappie, channel catfish, yellow perch, bluegill and sunfish.
* 18-hole, semi-private, championship golf course with pro shop, driving range and putting green.
* Clubhouse/restaurant, bar, and outside event patio all open to the public
* Equestrian area with access to trails
* 130 site campground on 113 acres
* 14.5 miles of trails for ATVs in the summer, snowmobiles in the winter and hikers, bicyclists and horseback riders year around
* Lodge complex
* Activity rooms, bar area and fireplace lounge
* An outdoor swimming pool for the summer
* Indoor pool used year-around
* A winter ski/sled hill (with ski & snowboard rental)
* Nature trails
* Tennis Courts
* Administration Building and Conference Center